Game of Thrones Sweepstakes Rules
GAME OF THRONES FINAL SEASON SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Araca Merchandise L.P. (herein “Sponsor”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE legal residentS of, and currently residing WITHin, ONE OF the 50 UNITED STATES or THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“d.c.”) AND ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IF A RESIDENT OF ALABAMA OR NEBRASKA). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE U.S. LAWS. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY. An email address is required for entry.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Game of Thrones Final Season Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on March 25, 2019 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 4, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The database clock for the Website (defined below) will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Home Box Office, Inc. (“HBO”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies associated with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, go to https://shop.hbo.com/pages/game-of-thrones-sweepstakes (“Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to provide your complete first and last name, mailing address, phone, and email address to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries received from any person that exceed the stated limitation will be disqualified. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be acknowledged and will not be included in the Sweepstakes drawing. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released Parties (defined in Rule 7, below) are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address for purposes of entry into the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated entries and of the person/email address responsible for such entries.
- DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about April 11, 2019, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Prize winners of the prizes described in Rule 5, below. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: The one (1) verified Grand Prize winner will receive a framed Game of Thrones print (ARV: $295), a Game of Thrones Funko Pop! figure (ARV: $28.95), a Game of Thrones hat (ARV: $24.95) and a Game of Thrones shirt (ARV: $29.95) (size/color subject to availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Total Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $378.85. Ten (10) First Prizes: Each verified First Prize winner will receive a Game of Thrones Funko Pop! figure. ARV: $28.95 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $668.35. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, in fact or in law, by Sponsor. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize, or a portion thereof, with a prize, or a portion thereof, of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize, or a portion thereof, becomes unavailable. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the ARV of the prize for any reason. Prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
- WINNER NOTIFICATIONS/PRIZE AWARD/PUBLICITY CONSENT: Entrants are not deemed a winner until their eligibility has been verified and it is determined that they have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Sponsor will contact potential winners via email, phone, and/or overnight mail on or about April 11, 2019. At Sponsor’s discretion, potential Grand Prize winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and Publicity (except where prohibited), which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date of notification, or prize may be forfeited, and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. Prizes will be issued to the addresses provided by winners within approximately 2-4 weeks of verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any telecommunications issues or for change of mailing address, or email address, subsequent to the date on which an entrant entered the Sweepstakes. If a prize or any notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, prize may be forfeited, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor will make up to three (3) attempts to award a prize, and, if after three (3) attempts the prize remains unclaimed, the prize may not be awarded in Sponsor’s discretion. Acceptance of a prize will further constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s assignees may use the winner’s name, likeness, city and state of residence, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any media in the U.S. without limitation and without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters. Entrants further agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, HBO, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all other service agencies involved with the design, execution or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize (if applicable), including as set out in Rule 8, below. Entrants who Sponsor determine to have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for, and the entrant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against, any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with, the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of the winners, and the arranging for, awarding of and use of the prizes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (a) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information for any reason; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, entries that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Official Rules; (c) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to, an awarded prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (d) failure of the Website or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human, production or technical errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (e) any typographical or other error or omission in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement or notification of the winners; (f) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (g) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging for, awarding of or use of a prize; (h) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind; or (i) cheating or fraud by any participant. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of termination, Sponsor may conduct the random Sweepstakes Drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries received up to date/time of such termination, or up to the date/time of the situation warranting such termination.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ENTRANT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO RELEVANT PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
By entering, entrants agree that: (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York; and (b) any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above in this Rule 9 of these Official Rules, and/or are related to entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York in New York County.
- WINNERS’ NAMES: For the winners’ names (available after winners have been verified), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by June 11, 2019 to: Game of Thrones Final Season Winners, 545 W 45th St, Floor 10, New York, NY 10036.
- RULES GOVERN: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- SPONSOR: Araca Merchandise L.P., 545 W 45th St, Floor 10, New York, NY 10036.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to HBO, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins 3/25/19 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends 4/4/19 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Void outside of the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law. For Official Rules and complete entry/prize details and drawing date, go to https://shop.hbo.com/pages/game-of-thrones-sweepstakes. Sponsored by Araca Merchandise L.P., 545 W 45th St, Floor 10, New York, NY 10036.